Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wine shoe revisited

What a month so far!  Besides having a gold-star hangover on New Year's day, I managed to give myself food poisoning, and had a kid sick at home this week.  Oh, and there's a mountain of work to do before the gift show at the end of the month.  Needless to say, wine has not been on the menu for almost two weeks now.

Now that I've chased the evil micro-invaders out of my stomach, I should be back to wine reviewing in no time.  Meanwhile, I can't believe I forgot to tell you all this: at Christmas, I opened a bottle of wine with a shoe!  Remember that wine shoe video that was going around a few months ago?  Well, we were in a pinch with a broken cork, so I borrowed dad's shoe, headed out to the garage and gave it a go--and what do you know, it worked!

I will have to repeat for the video camera sometime, but meanwhile, please enjoy this drunk French dude doing the very same thing out on the street.  At around :51 he bends over to pick up his shoe, and I thought for sure he was going to land on his ass.  Apparently drunk Frenchmen weeble and wobble, but they don't fall down.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment