Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Laundry List

Hello gang. Don't let my lack of posts fool you. I have been drinking wine over the last few weeks. Okay, maybe not quite as much, but I am squeaking it in where I can. Here's the laundry list of the wines I've tried, and I'll try to be brief in my descriptions so as not to bore you:

Stoneleigh Marlborough Pinot Noir 2008: I picked this up after enjoying the Mission Hill Pinot Noir so much, wanting to try the same grape from another cool climate. Not dissapointing, but it wasn't the Mission Hill either. Definately could detect notes of foreign, tropical fruits, which is really not to my taste. I liked the spicy flavour of the Mission Hill, while Stoneleigh is much fruitier. Not bad, but not taking it home to mama.

Bouchard Pere& Fils Petit Chablis 2008: Boo. Was so looking forward to that lovely stony minerality from previous Chablis experiences, but was disappointed. Since learned that this wine is from a higher elevation, so it doesn't have the lovely sea-shelly quality of Chablis. Won't repeat.

Prospect Winery's Larch Tree Hill Riesling 2007: I liked. I didn't loooove, but I did like. Very peachy to my palate. Not as light and fruity as my previous riesling experiences, but definately a likeable wine that goes with lighter meals.

Henry of Pelham Baco Noir 2005: 4.5 moans of ecstasy out of 5. It's a lovely deep red, and tastes earthy and smokey with a long finish. Oh yes! Love love love! Had it tonight with a dinner of foccacia-stuffed artichokes and chicken sauteed with Italian Seasoning, 2 kinds of mushroom, shallot and fiddleheads. This wine really suited the earthiness of our Italian meal. Magnifico!

I did repeat the Mission Hill Pinot Noir last week for dinner with dad. Damn good wine!

I'll try to be more prompt about recording my wine experiences in the future. Had an art show this past weekend, which kept me hoppin and away from my computer. It was awesome! I made a small fortune and treated myself by purchasing 4 lovely bottles of wine from the Bradford LCBO, which of course can't be had in Midland.

Good news dollies! I go to the good ol' U.S. of A next week, and my partner in crime and road trip buddy Karen has suggested we go to a winery on our travels. Happy day! I'll try and post from the road!

All of the wines listed above were purchased at the LCBO for $24.95 or less.

Til next time,

Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment