Saturday, March 5, 2011

The bottle said "Drink Me."

I had the strangest dream...

I dreamt I broke out into a million hives.  Only it wasn't hives.  It was a thousand tiny little oak barrels.  I panicked, thinking I was having an allergic reaction to something, so I ran for the antihistamine.  Only by the time I got the medicine, the 'oak barrels' were already subsiding.  The allergic reaction that caused my oak barrel rash was already beginning to fade.  I took the antihistamine anyway, just to be on the safe side.

What does this dream tell us?  It says:

a) I think too much about wine.

b) I should refrain from snacking before bed.

c) When a little girl sneaks into 'the middle' after a bad dream, she will pinch and slap you all night, making your sleeping self believe you are having an allergic skin reaction.

After a non-stressful day of playing dollies with my daughter, doing laundry and catching giant snowflakes on our tongues whilst walking to town, I am relaxing with a bottle of Pecchenino 2005 San Giuseppe Barolo.  Barolo is still pretty much uncharted territory for me, but I am willing to explore further if future offerings are as delicious!  It has very pleasing licorice, raisin and red currant flavours, with very smooth tannins.  Nom nom!  Not cheap, if I remember correctly (I think it was in around the $40 mark), but so worth it!

Short and sweet, my pretties.  Next time, I will explore the origins of winegums!

xo

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment