Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cambridge! Sob!




My sister is in Cambridge. Cambridge! *sigh* Best. Roadtrip. Ever. The company, the wine, the cheese, the photo-ops, even the weather was so perfect. It's my new Mecca; with any luck I'll get to make another pilgramage in the near future. In the meantime, I am full of the sighs, because my wicked sister just sent me a teasing message from Cambridge; she's there on her course (my sister's at Harvard! That never gets old) for the next couple of weeks. If only I could blow off real life and fly down for the weekend. *SIGH AGAIN*

So Lorri has had the pleasure of re-connecting with Eileen the brilliant wine steward and Dan the muscular-forearmed cheese man. Eileen, if you're reading, I just know you are the Diana Barry to my Anne Shirley. Or you can be Anne, I don't care. I so loved the wines you steered me towards. If my wicked sister decides to do me a kindness and bring back a bottle or two of liquid nectar, please do the picking for her! Not that I don't trust Lorri (she's got great taste. Yes I'm sucking up), but let's face it, Eileen, your wine chops are smokin'. To give you an idea of how my taste runs, on my last visit, I LOVED the Fleur Pinot Noir and Aia de Colombi Falanghina. I tend to prefer cool climate wines. Anything you pick will be glorious. Dan, if you're reading, if you could pose for a picture for my sister, that would be great. If your shirt happened to fall off right before hand, that'd be okay too.

Anyhoo, I have been trying stuff lately but not posting. Not that it matters, because I think about 6 people read this blog. But no matter--I will have new wine reviews coming shortly. Tonight I'm trying Viogner for the first time! Karen MacNeil describes this wine as a supple gymnast, so I'm keen to try it.

'Til next time,

B.

2 comments:

  1. Dear God , she'll love that. I'm seeing her tomorrow xo. PS I tried blueberry honey today ( honey made from the pollen of blueberry's in flower). Sigh - this place is culinary heaven.

    ReplyDelete