Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Rickman Rating System

Hello Winos,

I'm happy to announce that I am introducing the International Alan Rickman Wine Rating System to this blog. Who needs those damned 100 pt. scales when we have the thousand faces of the World's Greatest Actor to tell us what to think about wine? If you're not an Alan Rickman fan and have trouble interpreting this scale of wine-worthiness, you're probably some rye-drinking jerk who watches the Jackass movies, so get the hell off my blog. If, however, you think Alan Rickman is a living treasure and the epitome of mature hotness, please enjoy the following wine scores:

Clos LaChance Hummingbird Series 2006 Merlot from the central coast of California was a very jolly, drinkable wine. I gave it one smouldering Rickman, two dapper Rickmans and a Rickman snuggling up to a door (oh how I wish I were that door!).



Next up, we have Spier Vintage Selection Pinotage 2006 from South Africa. This smokey, intensely tobacco wine was hot, so I gave it four smouldering Rickmans in Period Costume.



Moving along, Wine by Joe's 2007 Pinot Gris from Oregon was fruity and a little tart. Lots of peach flavour but it made my mouth pucker. I gave it one Alan cuddling the door, one sexy young Alan making love to you with his eyes, and one Alan with forehead ridges.



Lastly, we have a wine from upstate New York: Caywood Vineyards 2008 Estate bottled Dry Riesling. As much as I loves the Finger Lakes, this wine was not my bag. I gave it one Severus Snape.



I hope this gives you a clear insight to my completely subjective responses to these wines/my Alan Rickman obsession. I'm sure this new method of grading wine will make sense to women in their 30's everywhere. And while I don't think it'll be replacing Robert Parker's 100 pt. scale any time soon, I for one think it's much, much hotter, n'est pas?

xoxo

'Til next time,

Barb

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm on board with the whole Rickman scale, but when was he a guest appearance on Babylon 5?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm into it. You're a bloody genius Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya, glad you like it! Juanita, in Galaxy Quest, Alan Rickman plays an actor who played an alien crew member on a Star Trek-type show. In the film, the witless cast accidentally ends up in an alien world. Check out this scene (around :26 AR's character is signing autographs at a convention and he's flipping hilarious). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfKDVdRVyew&feature=related

    ReplyDelete